Kicking off our Journal Prompts series is one that is geared towards helping you reflect on the past year as you prepare to plan for the year ahead. Be sure to read to the end to enter the Vivid & Brave – Our Favorite Journaling Things Giveaway!
Countdown to 2014 Prompt #1 – 2013 Word of the Year
As you reflect on 2013, what word comes to mind? Was there a predominant theme for this year that you see coming up over and over again when you look back?
Each year, I choose a word for the year, rather than making resolutions. The word becomes a mantra, a reminder, of what I want the overarching story of my year to be. I find this has worked more effectively, most of the time, than creating a list of resolutions which fall apart by February 1st.
For this first prompt, consider what your past year looked like, and give it a word. Search for the patterns of your successes and failures. What did you do well? What did you need to do to keep going? Is there a single event that shaped the year for you? Can you sum that up in one word? If you chose a word last year, evaluate how well it fit. If it didn’t, choose a new one.
- Join a coaching group, or enquire about one to one coaching. Seats are VERY limited and groups start again in January. Between now and January 1st, lock yourself in at the introductory rate! – http://vividandbrave.com/join-us-overview/
- Enter the Journal Goodies Giveway
- Like our Facebook page
- Join the Facebook Group specifically created for creative women to share and inspire each other
I’m a communicator. That’s a PC way of saying I like to talk, but I also spend a lot of my time listening, and over the years, I’ve developed a sense for subtext – how one or two words can change your entire message, what people are really trying to say and how to weave the varied layers of your story into one cohesive brand message that your clients fall in love with.
When I'm not acting as editor in chief for Vivid & Brave, you can find me geeking out over words here.
Latest posts by Stephanie Ostermann (see all)
- Inventing Insecurities | No, I Don’t “Need” Eye Cream - February 24, 2017
- You Don’t Have to Be Friends With Your Ex (Or His New Wife) - November 23, 2016
- Grief & Landlines - September 20, 2016