We all need time to ourselves and time with our significant others. Life gets busy. We have work, school, kids, etc. If you’re like me, you’re also trying to juggle all that with a budget. Dates need to be cheap, if not entirely free. And they also need to be simple enough that you could go on a date unexpectedly. Perhaps the kids are randomly being watched by the grandparents tonight. Maybe you had a meeting for work that got canceled and now you have a free evening. So what do you do to keep the romance alive? I suggest starting with these 5 easy and cheap dates.
1. A date night in. Perhaps the most obvious date night is one where you use the resources you already have at home to have a completely free date night with your honey. Maybe there’s a movie you’ve been dying to see or a certain meal one of you would like to cook. “Netflix and chill” has become the thing nowadays. Perhaps you could go outside and stargaze together while enjoying a glass of wine. Learn how to store wine properly and you’ll enjoy the wine in its best form. And yes, there is a correct temperature for wine fridge. Date night at home is what you make of it, so enjoy!
2. A walk in the woods. Since many places, including where I live, have the unfortunate circumstance of dealing with long winters, this idea isn’t always feasible. When the weather cooperates this is a lovely way to bond with your partner and enjoy nature at the same time. Pack a picnic and make a day of it.
3. An art gallery or museum. It’s quiet and peaceful, first off. Maybe you have kids and this is particularly appealing to you, as it would be to me. Usually museums are fairly affordable. And most local libraries I’ve encountered will offer cheap, if not free, passes for the day to them. You can walk around in silence or discussing the various pieces, while finding out more about your partner and their interests.
4. Volunteer work. Honestly there’s no better date night than simply spending time together. Why not do that while you help others out as well? There are many volunteer opportunities that you can take advantage of. Perhaps a local shelter needs help. Not only can you bond with your significant other; you can play with cute dogs and cats as well! It may sound cheesy or inappropriate to turn volunteer work at a soup kitchen or the like into a date night. Keep in mind “date night” does not have to imply something seedy or sexual. This is simply time for you and your partner to reconnect and spend time. Doing something worthwhile with that time is a lovely way to go about it.
5. Mini golf and ice cream. Allergic to ice cream? Well first, I’m terribly sorry. Second, substitute it for something else. Get outside and enjoy a fun and carefree night with your boyfriend or girlfriend! If you are trying to win back your ex then visit http://www.go-binder.com/ for some great tips.
These are just five small ideas to get you started. Really anything can be tailored to your individual tastes but if you want a bigger adventure, you might want to consider camper trailer and travel with the commodity you deserve. Other general ideas can include activities that allow you to try out interests of your partner. Maybe they are really into gaming and would love for you to sit down for an evening of Magic the Gathering with them. Perhaps they’d love if you’d watch a movie *they* really want to see but that you would normally hate. They want to share it with you.
You can make a date night out of anything and find ways to become closer to your partner.