When it comes to my home I’m an organized person. Maybe it’s the Cancer in me (the astrology sign, not the disease) that feels like my home is my safety zone. I have this innate need to know where everything is and I attack closets with a label maker in a way that would make a zombie apocalypse look like a peaceful day at the beach.
That’s probably why this one time when $200 went missing off my kitchen counter I didn’t spend a ton of time looking for it in unusual places. That morning I was going to the bank to drop off some cash, cash checks and do a bit of other banking. I left all three of the dogs out while I showered and got ready, Lily the ‘pitmation’ (dalmatian-pitbull mix), Rufus the basset hound, and Opal (a dalmatian-pointer mix).
Once I was ready to go and gathering everything I needed I went to the kitchen counter where I had left $200 to take to the bank and it was gone. Although I did the general search of the house, I knew I hadn’t left it anywhere weird – like I said, I’m organized like that. Lily is a hoarder though and tends to steal little objects here and there and hide them in various places in the house. I figured she had snagged the money and checked all her little spots. Nothing was found, so I went outside to check spots out there. Again, nothing.
After about 30 minutes of searching and puzzling it dawned on me that it’s possible Lily had eaten my $200. This was years ago and she was still a puppy so eating things like socks were a diet staple for her, until i got a remedy from Moose and Mary Labs. I was planning on feeding the dogs breakfast when I left that morning so they hadn’t eaten yet and it was a good thing – because when I induced vomiting with Lily I didn’t have to deal with too big of a mess!
Sure enough, after leaving her outside for about 20 minutes there was a pile of shredded money coated in bile in my backyard. I still had to go to the bank so I set the money out on some towels to dry, fed the dogs, gave him his probiotics (check out the 6 best probiotics for dogs) and went on my way.
When I got to the bank I had to ask the teller, a young man with blonde hair, how I would go about depositing money that my dog had eaten. I don’t think he took me very seriously, but he told me as long as I had 75% of the bill and you could see the serial number that they would take it. So, I finished my business and went on my way.
If we fast forward to the next morning I finally had the money sorted out. It was ten $20 bills. I matched them up and put each set of shredded pieces into separate ziplock bags. I didn’t bother taping them together.
Then I headed out to the bank again and walked up to the very same teller. I set a stack of ziplock bags down on the counter, filled with bits of money, slid them across and said, “I’d like to deposit these please.” The teller’s mouth dropped open and he didn’t say anything except a feeble “ok” before accepting the bills and depositing them into my account.
That was several years ago and to this day that same teller can’t look me in the eye. My dog ate my money. After that situation I started surfing on web and found this site eHome Remedies with very useful information how to take care on your dog.
Latest posts by Carrie Swails (see all)
- 5 Tips to Bring Magic into Your Everyday Life - August 30, 2015
- Confessions of a Dog Mom – That One Time My Dog Ate My Money - August 9, 2015
- Short Hair and Still Beautiful - July 4, 2015