Below, our most read, loved and shared pieces of 2014! Enjoy!
1. The Fat Friend “When we let our size dictate how we act, it becomes isolating. Painfully so. We remove ourselves from situations where we’re welcome to be – we become the girl who sits on the bench outside the store while everyone shops, or the friend who hugs the wall and refuses to dance.”
3. Price Justification & Why You Should Stop It “Working with you is an experience only YOU can provide and you are the best person for the job you do. No one else can do it the way you do. No one else brings your specific set of skills, experience and education to the table.”
6. The Best Makeup Tutorial Ever “It really doesn’t matter how you put on your makeup, or if you wear makeup at all – these tips in this makeup tutorial will guarantee that you will be absolutely STUNNING and gorgeous all day long!”
8. Why I’m Not Going To Stop Telling My Daughter She is Beautiful “To be beautiful doesn’t make you less than. I think we run the risk of tipping too far in the other direction. Why, when we give a compliment, do we need to compliment someone on something with more perceived value than their beauty?”
10. Get the Attention You Want By Setting Up Google Authorship “Hey, Google! Over here! Look at me!!!” Isn’t this what we’re all trying to do? To get Google’s attention, to look at our blogs?”
I’m a communicator. That’s a PC way of saying I like to talk, but I also spend a lot of my time listening, and over the years, I’ve developed a sense for subtext – how one or two words can change your entire message, what people are really trying to say and how to weave the varied layers of your story into one cohesive brand message that your clients fall in love with.
When I'm not acting as editor in chief for Vivid & Brave, you can find me geeking out over words here.
Latest posts by Stephanie Ostermann (see all)
- Inventing Insecurities | No, I Don’t “Need” Eye Cream - February 24, 2017
- You Don’t Have to Be Friends With Your Ex (Or His New Wife) - November 23, 2016
- Grief & Landlines - September 20, 2016